Many of us have been working from home over the last year but does this mean that we’ve been neglecting our appearance? If you still need to have Zoom meetings regularly, it’s important to keep up appearances and maintain that professional look. Here are some tips to looking your best during online meetings:
- Don’t forget to have a shave and comb your hair. Nobody wants to see you looking like you’ve just rolled out of bed (even if that’s exactly what’s happened)
- Don’t wear a shirt that’s too busy or patterned as this could provide a bit much for your colleagues to look at digitally. It might not translate well on screen!
- Avoid wearing any shirt that’s too black or too bright white as this can look like a giant blob on camera. Treat yourself to something special from the Mens Farah Oxford Shirts at EJ Menswear
- Try to avoid having light shining on you from the back or side or you will appear too shady or like a silhouette. Try to face natural light for the best effects.
- Try to avoid positioning yourself in front of anything elaborate, even if you want to show off your newly decorated living room, kitchen or ornate bookcase. These can cause distractions, so it’s always best to sit in front of a blank wall.
- Try to have the webcam at eye level. Too low and you’ll have people looking up your nostrils! Also don’t get too close to the camera as you might then look distorted.